Become a Member
Before You Begin
SEG begins its annual dues renewal process in September. If you join after September 1, 2014, your membership will be processed for 2015 (you will also receive access to SEG member benefits for the remainder of 2014). Print subscriptions to the Journal (Economic Geology) and/or SEG Newsletter will begin in January 2015. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before applying, please review the Benefits of Membership page to ensure you qualify for membership. Once submitted, your application will be reviewed by SEG Membership Services. Activation of membership is dependent on availability of sponsor and/or university department head.
Please have these items ready before beginning the application process:
- Payment is required to complete application; please have a valid credit card available.
- Employment/education history.
- Proof of enrollment if applying for student membership. (One file can be uploaded. 4 MB limit. JPG, PNG, PDF, or .ZIP accepted.)
- Contact information for a sponsor:
- Membership requires sponsorship by an SEG Fellow. If you do not know one, SEG can assign one.
- Student membership requires sponsorship by a university department head or an SEG Fellow.
- Students, read before proceeding: To expedite the activation of your student membership, please contact your sponsor and let him/her know that s/he will be contacted by SEG for response. The sponsor's only obligation is to respond to the e-mail request for sponsorship. It is the student's responsibility to follow up with the sponsor.
I Have An Account
If you made a store purchase or registered for an SEG event in the past, you have an account. If you have forgotten or are unsure, please contact Member Services. Click button to begin.
I Do NOT Have An Account
To become a member you must first create an account and then apply. Click button to begin.
You may also apply using the print form.