Increase your professional status at no additional cost while supporting the Society.
Boost your qualifications by including the SEG Fellow designation on your résumé, business card and email signature.
Sponsor professionals to become members of the Society (only Fellows can be sponsors).
Become involved in SEG governance by serving on a committee or standing for election.
- Please read ARTICLE III. MEMBERSHIP on page 2 of the SEG Bylaws
- Nominee should have a minimum of eight years of professional experience, including not less than five years of work principally devoted to economic geology, three of which must have been in positions of responsibility. Consideration will be given to work of an individual
in research or as a teacher of economic geology.
- Two SEG Fellows to serve as primary and secondary sponsors
After you submit your application to SEG the following steps are taken:
- Application, CV, and Publications List are forwarded to the SEG Fellowship Committee for consideration
- If application is approved, the applicant's name is published under "Candidates for SEG Fellowship" in the next SEG Newsletter for consideration by all SEG Fellows
- If, after 90 days, there are no written objections received, then the application is forwarded to the SEG Executive Committee
- If approved by the Executive Committee, the applicant is granted Fellowship
- Applicant's name will be published in the "New Fellows" section of the next published SEG Newsletter
Fellowship Application Deadlines
To be processed, your application must be submitted by one of the following dates that correspond with quarterly SEG Newsletter deadlines: January 31, April 30, July 31, or October 31.