Accessing Economic Geology
Economic Geology is made available to Members at GeoScienceWorld (GSW) along with many other industry journals. To keep our content secure, and available only to SEG members, it is required that you first authenticate yourself at the SEG website before trying to access content at GSW.
Accessing the Journal at GSW
- Visit segweb.org
- Click "Publications" in the top navigation
- Under SEG Member Access, click the Economic Geology "Member Access" button
- Enter your credentials (if not already logged in)
- Once verified you will see another "Member Access" button that will give you access to the GSW website
Please keep in mind that GSW will not recognize your SEG username/password.
When following these steps you should see "Society of Economic Geologists" (not your name) in the top right corner, indicating you have access to the journal. At the GSW website, please do not attempt to sign in or create a new account. If you are already at pubs.geoscienceworld.org/economicgeology, you can return to the SEG log in page by clicking on the "SEG Member Log In" link in the blue navigation bar. When you end a session, you will need to log in again at SEG in order to access content.
GSW Has Moved!
In late 2017, GSW changed platforms, moving from HighWire Press to Silverchair Information Systems. Accessing the journal has not changed, but the website has:
pubs.geoscienceworld.org/economicgeology. It is recommended you update bookmark/favorites or other shortcuts you may use.
Problems Accessing GSW?
If you have followed the steps above and still cannot access articles, please try the following:
- Clear web files (cookies, temp files, history, etc.) for both segweb.org and pubs.geoscienceworld.org or try a different browser.
- Use this direct link. If this works, please update any bookmark, favorites, or other shortcuts you may use.
If you are still unable to access the journal, please contact GSW support:
GSW Circulation and Client Services Manager