Graduate Student Fellowship Program
The Society of Economic Geologists Foundation, Inc. (SEGF) under its Graduate Student Fellowship Program (GSF) has awarded one-year fellowships, ranging from US$2,500 to US$15,000, each year since 2007 to students who intend to pursue a course of study in economic geology leading to a Professional Master’s, Master of Science (M.Sc.) and/or Ph.D. degree. Students from throughout the world with an expressed interest in pursuing graduate studies in economic geology are encouraged to apply. Awards are competitive and based on merit and qualifications of the applicant.
Apply for SEG student membership | Apply for the GSFInformation at bottom of page.
The GSF application submission deadline is February 1, 2017. Applications, references, and/or required supporting documentation should be e-mailed to email@example.com, or if mailed, must be received by the posted application deadline at the following address:
Chairman, SEGF GSF
Society of Economic Geologists Foundation, Inc.
7811 Shaffer Parkway
Littleton, CO 80127-3732
Previous GSF Recipients
2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010
- Have completed, or are in the process of completing, a BS or equivalent degree in the geosciences or a related field.
- Have been accepted, in the process of being accepted, or currently enrolled, as a first-year (ever) graduate student at a recognized college/university offering a graduate program leading to a Professional Master's, M.Sc., and/or Ph.D. in economic geology as it relates to the study of mineral and ore deposits, geochemistry, or geophysics with applications to minerals exploration and mine geology.
- Applicants who have completed a first year of graduate school, regardless of degree or field of study, are not eligible.
- Applicants who have been awarded a GSF grant from the SEGF are not eligible.
- Must be an SEG Student Member.
GSFs awarded under this program will be announced by early March. SEGF/SEGCF will release funds to successful applicants upon receipt of proof of enrollment at the graduate school selected by the student and a letter from faculty member. Those awarded a GSF will not be eligible for a Student Research Grant (SRG) in the same calendar year.
How to Apply
Follow the steps below to complete the application process:
- GSF Application (Part 1)
Read and follow the instructions in Part 1 and also refer to the GSF guidelines.
- GSF Application (Part 2)
GSF Application (Part 3) Reference 1
GSF Application (Part 3) Reference 2
- Complete each form and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The GSF Program is supported by major grants from Anglo American, Barrick Gold Corporation, and Newmont Mining Corporation.