All technical session speakers are required to respond to the "Oral Presenter Questions" in the SEG Abstract Manger website so that we know if you plan to provide a live presentation (in person or virtually) or a pre-recorded presentation. Note: pre-recorded presentations must be uploaded by August 23, 2021.
We encourage you to include the SEG 100 logo in your presentation slides.
SEG 100 logos (ZIP)
Instructions for pre-recording
Pre-recorded talks should be 14 minutes, with an additional 1 minute for transition and must be uploaded no later than August 23, 2021. A 15-minute live Q&A will follow each session. All speakers are encouraged to participate in the Q&A whether they provide a pre-recorded talk or present live during the event. View the technical program.
All presenters must assign copyright of their presentation to SEG. Without assignment of copyright your presentation will not be included in the virtual conference platform. Copyright transfer is part of the upload process.
Presentation preparation and requirements
- Presentations are 14 minutes; allow an additional 1 minute for transition.
- Presentation slides should be created at a 16:9 ratio.
- Presentation video files should be created at a 16:9 ratio, and submitted in the MP4 format. Video should not be larger than 1080p (1920w x 1080h pixels) or smaller than 720p (1280w x 720h pixels). Please ensure your slides and face are both visible on the screen in the recording. See Microsoft's instructions for saving a presentation as a video.
- A 15-minute live Q&A will follow each presentation. All speakers are asked to be available to respond to live questions via the virtual conference platform.
Uploading your file
Please note: The following instructions are for existing users who uploaded an abstract to the Abstracts Manager website. If you were not required to upload an abstract, you should have received a link in the instruction letter that will take you to the upload area.
- If you are an existing user, please return to the Abstract Manager website and sign in. From the main menu select "My Profile," then select the uploads link on the right side of the line in the "My Presentations" list to open the submission form. Drag and drop your presentation video file to the upload target area. Uploads for large files may take several minutes. When the upload is complete the uploaded filename will appear in the file list next to the target area. If the filename does not appear in the upload list then the upload has not been successful. If unsuccessful, please attempt a second time and if you are still unsuccessful, contact technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After the upload is finished, please complete the assignment of copyright question and save your response.
Live presentation instructions: virtual
Presentations given live during the SEG 100 Conference will present in the Zoom platform. The feed will be streamed into the Hubilo conference platform. It is recommended that a backup pre-recorded presentation be submitted in advance in anticipation of unforeseeable connection issues during the event. Additional details will be provided soon.
Live presentation instructions: In-person at Whistler
Presentations provided on site will be presented on stage before an audience. The talk with be shared by the AV company to virtual attendees in the Hubilo conference platform.