Benefits of Membership
Members and Student Members have access to a network of fellow explorationists and essential research material—invaluable assets in today's demanding employment market. Membership ensures early alerts and discounted rates for hands-on courses and publications designed to enhance one's skill set and knowledge base. Learn more about the Society.
To see if you qualify and which membership category is best for you, read more about member requirements and membership types.
My success is also very much related to my long involvement with SEG. The Society has, throughout my career, provided the opportunity to meet so many leaders in mineral deposits research and exploration... Read more
Key Benefits (Professionals and Students)
Education and Training Curriculum
Discounted rates for all SEG continuing education events (conferences, courses, workshops, and field trips). Catalog
The leading journal in our field includes access to an archive of 9,000 articles from 1905 onward. Learn more | Free sample issue at GSW.
Industry favorite packed with articles, news, and activities. Learn more | Free sample issue
Go-to resource for finding SEG members worldwide. Search by name or location.
Geofacets-SEG Millennium Edition
Supercharge your access to Economic Geology with this map interface at a special member rate. View demo and learn more.
Receive at least 20% off list pricing on all publications at the SEG Store.
Receive all member benefits; apply for research grants, graduate fellowships, and travel grants; join a student chapter. Deep discounts for most events.
Stay connected and keep informed of SEG news and events by following us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Oral History Videos
Explore life experiences of key figures in the field of economic geology with new videos continually uploaded. Watch the latest video and subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
E-mail Alerts (members only)
E-mail alerts for publication releases including the SEG Newsletter and Economic Geology.
Data Metallogenica (members only)
AMIRA International is building Data Metallogenica as a web-based global encyclopedia of ore deposits for the mining industry. www.dmgeode.com | Learn more
Membership in the Society is open to all geoscience graduates holding a bachelor's degree. Student Members must be enrolled full-time in earth science at a degree-granting college or university at the undergraduate or graduate level.* The semi-quarterly journal, Economic Geology, and the quarterly SEG Newsletter are included in the membership.
* An applicant who is employed full-time while pursuing a higher degree will be considered a "Member" of the Society.
Professionals with a minimum of eight years experience and three years in a position of responsibility are encouraged to apply for Fellowship. Please download the Fellowship Application Form.
All new membership applications processed in the period September 1 to December 31 will have an effective date of the following January 1.
- Electronic Only: Online access to Economic Geology and the SEG Newsletter. [US $95/year]
- Electronic + Print Newsletter: Online access to Economic Geology and the SEG Newsletter as well as print copies of the newsletter by mail. [US $125/year]
- Electronic + Print Newsletter & Journal: Online access to Economic Geology and the SEG Newsletter as well as print copies of both publications by mail. [US $180/year]
Couples 2nd memberships are available. First member pays Electronic + Print Newsletter & Journal dues as above; second membership is Electronic Only. [US $35/year]
All student members must provide written documentation of full-time enrollment for the current academic year. Documentation may include one of the following: dated ID card that states "full time", dated fee statement, dated letter from advisor or university registrar. Applications will not be processed without proper documentation.
- Electronic Only: Online access to Economic Geology and the SEG Newsletter. [US $20/year]
- Electronic + Print Newsletter: Online access to Economic Geology and the SEG Newsletter as well as print copies of the newsletter by mail. [US $50/year]
- Electronic + Print Newsletter & Journal: Online access to Economic Geology and the SEG Newsletter as well as print copies of both publications by mail. [US $110/year]