The biannual FEM, founded in 1998, brings together over a thousand exploration and mining industry leaders, experts, and researchers from almost 30 countries. Top reasons to attend include the following:
Outstanding networking opportunities — meet the key actors and influencers face-to-face.
- Mix and mingle with your colleagues, business partners, form new relationships, and strengthen existing ones. Learn more about the exploration and mining, economic geology, research, environmental and social aspects, permitting and investments in Fennoscandia.
High-level speakers, engaging presentations, short courses and mine excursions.
- Opportunities and challenges in the mineral sector are increasing — there is much to talk about and discuss. When you are active in your industry, you can develop a reputation as an expert to your peers and your clients.
Be inspired, learn and share your vision.
- The conference goal is to advance and develop business by sharing ideas and insights. We aim to help building connections globally and promoting mineral industry.
Widen your network, do business, bring fresh ideas back to your company — and have fun!
Pre-conference short courses on October 28-29, 2019
- Drill core-based appraisal of complex Precambrian mineral systems
- Enhancement and structural interpretation of gravity, aeromagnetic and seismic tomographic data at the prospect to lithospheric scale: applications to mineral exploration
- Capital markets for geologists
FEM conference with technical sessions and trade show on October 29-31, 2019
Post-conference excursions on November 1, 2019
- Agnico Eagle Finland Oy Kittilä Mine
- Boliden Kevitsa Mine
The official language of the conference is English.