SEG Michael Fitzgerald Student Mapping Course
SEG is pleased to offer the second Michael Fitzgerald Student Mapping Course. Michael "Mike" Fitzgerald, a University of Minnesota graduate, long supported field-based geologic studies by undergraduate and graduate students; through a generous donation orchestrated by his widow, Marisa de la Vega, SEG is funding a week-long mapping course for upper-division undergraduate, graduate students, and recent graduates. Participation is limited to 15 participants. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be an active SEG Student or Recent Graduate member
- Applicants must have completed at least one field mapping course (field camp not necessary)
Note: Selection of participants is competitive; travel grants are awarded only to qualifying students.
Submission Deadline: July 31, 2020
Trip Name: MJF-02: Copper Flat Porphyry-Breccia System
Trip Dates: October 24-31, 2020
- The application must be completed in one step. It is recommended you compile your answers externally, ahead of time, before populating the form and have required attachments ready to upload.
- Do NOT refresh your browser during the application - your data will be lost.
- Approved applicants will be notified on or before August 14, 2020. Confirmation of participation and registration fee must be made by August 21, 2020.