SEGF Student Field Trip Travel Grants
The SEG Foundation (SEGF) sponsors one SEG-organized student field trip (SFT) per year and awards travel grants to qualified SEG student members selected to participate. SEG student members worldwide are encouraged to apply; preference will be given to fourth- and fifth-year undergraduate students, and to first-year graduate students. Participation is limited to 50 students per trip. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be an active SEG Student member, or have applied for a student membership.
- Students must be actively enrolled at an accredited university in a course of study in economic geology as it relates to minerals exploration and ore deposits, and/or geochemistry or geophysics with applications to minerals exploration.
Note: Selection of participants is competitive; travel grants are awarded only to qualifying students.
July 11, 2021 Extended to July 30, 2021
Trip Name: SFT-2021: The Carline and Cortez Trends, North Central Nevada, USA
Trip Dates: September 20-23, 2021
- The application must be completed in one step. It is recommended you compile your answers externally, ahead of time, before populating the form.
- Do NOT refresh your browser during the application - your data will be lost.
- Submitted applications will be sent to you and SEG Student Services. You will be required to forward the confirmation email to your reference who will then complete the final step of the application. To maintain confidentiality, the reference's response should not be returned to the applicant.
- Approved applicants will be notified on or before
July 27, 2021 August 16, 2021. You must must confirm participation within 2 days of notification