Abstracts are no longer being accepted. Thank you to everyone who submitted!
The information below is for archival purposes only.
We invite you to submit an abstract for SEG 100 on one of the themes below. Sessions will include both technical oral presentations and speed talks. Poster sessions are planned to introduce works in progress, new ideas, and student projects.
If you submitted an abstract for the postponed SEG 2020 Conference, see additional instructions under Abstract Manager, below.
Thank you and we look forward to reviewing your submissions!
Call for abstracts
January 20, 2021 - May 3, 2021
The Abstract Manager is closed and no longer being accepting submissions.
- Game Changers — The First Hundred Years
- Lindgren's Legacy — Ore Deposits in Depth
- Gold 2020s — Golden Past, Precious Future
- Basins Through Time — Linking Process and Ore Systems
- Ore Deposit Structure — Processes, Patterns, and Innovations
- Beyond 2021 — The Next Hundred Years
- Diversity in Ore Deposits
- Tectonomagmatism and Porphyry-Epithermal Metallogeny (Tribute to Jeremy P. Richards)
Abstracts submitted for the postponed SEG 2020 Conference have been preserved in the Abstract Manager. You have the option of going back into the system and resubmitting the abstract to SEG 100 as is, modifying and submitting a revised abstract, or deleting the abstract from the system. The abstract will not automatically be resubmitted, and any drafts will be withdrawn after the deadline.
See instructions below for preparing abstracts and delivering Oral Presentations and Speed Talks.
- Text in English may be pasted or typed into a box provided.
- Maximum of 500 words (including any figure caption).
- Option to include 1 figure (no references or tables).
- Figures are to be uploaded separately into a box provided for the purpose.
- Figures: Images only (JPG or PNG); please optimize to a web-compatible size (2-3 MB preferred).
Abstracts are submitted via the Abstract Manager. Text font/size will be formatted automatically as information is entered, either by copying and pasting or typing in directly. Editing is permitted after upload, and special characters may be selected. There are separate boxes to enter the following:
- Title: Use Upper and Lower Case ("Title Case").
- Each author's name.
- Contact information for the corresponding author.
- Abstract text, including one figure caption.
- One figure (separate).
When you submit your abstract you will be offered the choice of Oral Presentation or Speed Talk. If your submitted abstract is selected for an Oral Presentation you will present either a live virtual or a pre-recorded 15 minute presentation in the main program. Due to limited space in the main program abstracts not selected for an Oral Presentation will be asked to provide a pre-recorded Speed Talk.
SEG Managing Editor
Notification of acceptance
- Notification of acceptance will be emailed to presenters in June 2021
- All presenters are required to register for the conference by the early registration deadline: August 31, 2021
- All SEG Student presenters must register by the early registration deadline to receive funding
- Only accepted and registered presenters will appear in the SEG 100 Conference Proceedings