Terms and Conditions
SEG will only refund dues payments in extenuating circumstances and for requests received within 30 days of payment. Please note that decisions made by SEG in this regard are final.
SEG Member Content
By signing in to segweb.org, you are acknowledging that your SEG Member ID is a unique identifier and will not be made available to others. If you have authorization to access the online member content*, you agree to adhere to the following stipulations.
Economic Geology (the journal), SEG Discovery, and SEG Publications: Authorized users may download, save or print text, search results, or other information solely for their private use. You may only use this online access in a way that conforms to all applicable laws and regulations. Altering, recompiling, copying, reselling, redistributing, publishing, or republishing of any text, output, search results, or other information, including, without limitation, copyright, trade secret, proprietary, and/or other legal notices contained therein, in any form or medium is prohibited. Written permission must be received from SEG for inclusion of any material used in an instructional manner in academic, governmental, or commercial endeavors.
Member Directory: Authorized users may download, save or print text, search results, or other information solely for their private use. You may only use this online access in a way that conforms to all applicable laws and regulations. Altering, recompiling, copying, reselling, redistributing, publishing, or republishing of any text, output, search results, or other information, in any form or medium, is prohibited.
By accessing or using the SEG Millennium Edition, powered by Geofacets via this site, you ("The Registrant") agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below:
- Access to the SEG Millennium Edition, powered by Geofacets is not granted until full payment of membership fees to SEG has been made;
- Registrant may extract individual maps from the SEG Millennium Edition and upload them on and integrate them into his internal secure geologic software analysis system for internal and personal research purposes only; and
- Registrant acknowledges that Elsevier as the owner of the Geofacets products shall have the right to enforce any non-compliance with the mentioned terms and conditions of use.
Registration Payment and Cancellation
Full payment is required at the time of registration for a short course or field trip. Written cancellations must be received by the early registration deadline to receive a refund, less 25% processing fee. After the early registration deadline, all registration fees are forfeited. If a substitute attendee can be arranged by the canceling party, no financial penalty or processing fee will be due.
By attending an SEG event, you consent to and authorize SEG the right to publish, re-publish, adapt, exhibit, reproduce, edit, modify, make derivative works, distribute, display or otherwise use or re-use the attendee's name, image, voice and/or likeness, including video interviews, in connection with promotion in all markets, media, or technology now known or hereafter developed, including advertising, promoting, and merchandising of those entities. If for any reason you do not comply with these terms, you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours before the date of the event.
If you have dietary restrictions you must contact email@example.com at least 72 hours before the date of the event. This will allow time to arrange meals with caterers. Please provide the specifics of your diet and how we can best accommodate.
SEG Virtual Events Code of Conduct
SEG is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all event participants and SEG staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, SEG staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Virtual Events Code of Conduct. This Policy applies to all SEG meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than SEG but held in conjunction with SEG events, on public or private platforms.
SEG has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our events. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, SEG asks that you inform either Brian Hoal, SEG Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Deanne Rider, SEG Community Relations Manager (email@example.com) so that we can take the appropriate action.
Unacceptable behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, SEG staff member, service provider, or other event guest.
- Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, SEG staff member, service provider, or other event guest.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by SEG throughout the virtual event. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any SEG virtual event staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. SEG reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Participants should not copy or take screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
SEG reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the event without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and SEG reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future event, virtually or in person.