Organizer: Society of Economic Geologists (SEG)
Presenter: Western Mining Services (WMS)
This four-day training course covers the principles and practices of effective mineral exploration management. The curriculum focuses on the broad spectrum of technical and business issues that senior exploration managers typically face.
- Mineral exploration at the strategic scale — the roles of greenfields and brownfields exploration in development and implementation of corporate growth
- The design and management of exploration programs and portfolios
- The importance of group structure, program design, process discipline, and effective people management in achieving exploration group objectives
- Opportunity generation including the exploration search space concept, targeting science, and the application of targeting models
- How to negotiate land and minerals access deals, identify and manage nontechnical project risks, engage in early stage evaluation of project economics, and maintain the important social license to operate exploration projects in varied risk environments
The course format utilizes lecture and workshop and stresses interactive thinking and problem solving. Participants work in teams to design solutions for exploration management challenges and present their results to the larger group.
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for regional and country exploration managers, for senior project managers who are on track to move into positions of senior responsibility, and for geoscientists who aspire to senior exploration management roles. The course is also recommended for commercial managers who participate in mineral exploration programs as well as government and academic professionals who interact with the mineral exploration industry.
Jon Hronsky OAM
(BAppSci, Ph.D., MAIG, FSEG)
With more than 30 years' experience in mineral exploration, Jon has worked across a diverse range of commodities, including discovery of the West Musgrave nickel sulfide province in Western Australia.
(BA, M.Sc, Ph.D.)
Steve's focus is on framework studies, mineral exploration targeting, and project due diligence. He has more than 35 years' experience in mineral exploration.
(BA, M.Sc., SME, FSEG)
Brad is a co-founder of WMS and focuses on on exploration strategy/planning, greenfield and brownfield exploration targeting, and due diligence.
Jeff is a co-founder of WMS and has more than 45 years' experience as a mining, oil and gas and natural resources lawyer.
A block of rooms has been reserved for course participants. To book your room, please visit the Hampton Inn website using the button below.
Early Deadline: Through November 15, 2019
|All prices are in United States dollars (USD). SEG reserves the right to cancel this event should minimum attendance numbers not be met by November 15, 2019. Cancellation policy, event photography, dietary restrictions, and more are detailed in the SEG Terms and Conditions.
Please sign in or create a non-member account to register for this event.